Monday, June 22, 2009

In Honor of Father's Day

Okay Okay...it's one day late, but this baby blog is only one day old...give me a break!

I wrote this way back long ago, but thought I would share...hope you like it.


I Will Support

By Patricia Blomme

I wonder.
I wonder how she feels.
There is life in her.
Life I can not see,
except in her face when she looks at me.
She is beautiful!
More beautiful than the day
when I first fell in love with her.
Now she carries my child.
Our Child.
She is so strong.
She carries the strength of a millions of women before her.
She will need this strength.
I will be strong for her.
An unspoken strength that will protect her at her most vulnerable time.
I must trust her.
I must trust her body.
Just as she responded to my touch,
she will respond to the life force with in her.
I must help her trust her body.
I will understand the special moments that she calls out to share.
I will take hold of the child before the birth has happened,
before movement is ever felt.
I will cherish every time I feel the child move within her.
This is my first contact.
I will talk to this wonderful child of mine, ours.
I will talk so that my voice is known.
When our child opens his eyes,
I will quietly greet him.
He will know me.
I will stand by while my love accomplishes her labor of love.
She does this for me.
She has taken a vow to bring forth this child in health and vigor.
I must do the same.
I will support her in her hardest moments.
Doing all that she asks.
Without question.
I will trust her to know what she needs.
I know my love is experiencing the emotions of birth.
Though she calls out with the waves.
I will help her to surrender to them.
With surrender the body will open.
With surrender the pain is triumphed over.
With surrender,
The child is born.




No comments:

Post a Comment